Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tears, Fears, Faith and Cheers

So, some of you know I had to ask to be released from my calling as a teacher to the Beehives it was bitter sweet I love those girls and I was truly blessed to work with such amazing daughters of our Heavenly Father. But as I progressed in my pregnancy I was quite sick and having a lot of pain.

Today at church Bishop gave me a big hug and one of his if you didn't love me so much you would kill me looks and I knew he was up to something. I thought long and hard and I thought it is about time that I talk in church it's been a while.

I was WAY off the mark, I have been called as first counselor in the Primary Presidency. It brought tears and fears because I am entering into my last trimester and It is so hard for me to sit through the block but I manage I have severe tailbone pain I have never felt anything like it before in my life. I had just asked to be released last month because I felt just inadequate in my state.

I know my Heavenly Father must have faith in me that I will carry this through for him so I accepted the calling and I am going forward with faith and cheer.I know that I will learn and grow through this experience I think it is just such a huge responsibility to help little children grow and cultivate their little seeds of faith and testimony but I know it will be great!

4 comments:

Matt and Carla said...

How exciting on your new calling! Don't under-estimate yourself, you'll do great in the primary. That's a perfect calling for you and the kids!

Sarah J. said...

You'll love it! Really- it's hard but very rewarding at the same time. It's been almost 3 years for me and I've yet to get tired of it (except right now when we're on the heels of the Primary Program!). Hang in there- you'll be blessed!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Good luck Stacie! You really will be great...it just gives you more kids to love!

The Gustin Family said...

You'll do AWESOME! Just relax....and enjoy it!